Thursday, February 12, 2009

Ok, it has been a few days now...sorry for my delay in posting. I have to get into the swing of this again :) I am doing well. I love Barstow. I am in the process of studying to get my driver's license. I do have to take a written test for this. I am also needing to tag and register my car. I am still driving with Indiana plates. There is more hoops you have to go through here to do that. First of all, there is 1 license branch in Barstow for 24,000 people. So as you can imagine trying to get in there is a chore. I do have a date reserved March 3rd to take my test and the next day to register my car. I can go before that if I find that there is not a line out the door. I also need to get my car "smoged". Every car that gets registered with the DMV has to be checked for the quality of air that it is putting out. I am praying that I pass the smog test. I just have to take it to a mechanic and they give you official paperwork to take to the DMV. All the above steps require...THE GREEN STUFF! Has anyone found a tree with that stuff growing on it? God has been faithful in providing all of my needs. I was asked this week to help in a flower shop. The owners go to my church and they needed the extra help for Valentine's day. It is just temporary help. But I am happy to assist them!

Sometimes we think that God will drop money into our laps and sometimes He does, but God also requires and tests our faithfulness. We have to look for opportunities to be used and to earn money. I have had many people ask me what type of work I am looking for. Well my response is I am not above work. If we are faithful in the small things God will "promote" us to bigger things. I want to prove to God that I am a faithful steward and worker for the Kingdom!! To God be ALL the Glory!!!

No comments: