Monday, March 24, 2008

I hope everyone had a great weekend with family and friends. It didn't seem like Easter here. On Sunday, I shared my resurrection eggs with the children's church and they seemed to enjoy it. Most of the kids raised their hands to receive Christ as their Savior. It was a great moment! The opposite happens here around Easter time, most people don't go to church, but in spite of this we had a good group of kids and adults! Then after the service we went back to the Norvell's house for lunch. I also did an Easter egg hunt with the missionary's kids. They had a fun time. We had carne asada and shrimp, beans, tortillas and salsa for our Easter dinner.

On Saturday, we celebrated our associate pastor's (Ely and Alonso Castro) daughters 3 year old birthday. For this special day I made a barbie cake. It turned out nicely, even considering all of the improvising I had to do. The transporting of the cake was by far the hardest part. I have loaded pictures from this day. Enjoy!!!

1 comment:

The Mattix Family said...

Wow! What a cake! You have hidden talents! It looks like you made one little girl very happy for her birthday.

The Mattix family loves and misses you!

Charley, Sherry, Chariti, Kaylee, & Chaz