I know, this is not a very pleasant picture, but this is what I saw today at our church! I cleaned the church today and we have been having problems with some kind of insect shedding it's wings all over the sanctuary. So I took on the task of cleaning all of the wings up...we are talking millions of wings. I borrowed a shop vac to clean up the wings because it was easier. We tried sweeping them up last week with a broom but they were flying everywhere. Well, I got to the part behind the drums and there was a large duffel bag wadded up on the floor. I began to pick up the duffel bag and realized that there were a ton of wings under the bag. When I picked up the bag a lizard jumped out of the bag and that startled me and I dropped the bag. I recomposed myself and picked up the bag again and took it outside to shake it out. It was a good 150- 200 feet to the outside door. Once I got the bag outside I set it on the sidewalk and braced myself to shake it out. I was still a little shook up from the lizard flying out of the bag earlier. So I started shaking out the bag and a scorpion came out of the bag and so I immediately dropped the bag and the bag trapped the scorpion. I was glad it was trapped because the last thing we needed was a scorpion roaming around the church grounds. So I called my missionary and he came over and took care of the scorpion. Yay for my missionary!!! Never a dull moment!!!!:)
Thursday, April 10, 2008
I know, this is not a very pleasant picture, but this is what I saw today at our church! I cleaned the church today and we have been having problems with some kind of insect shedding it's wings all over the sanctuary. So I took on the task of cleaning all of the wings up...we are talking millions of wings. I borrowed a shop vac to clean up the wings because it was easier. We tried sweeping them up last week with a broom but they were flying everywhere. Well, I got to the part behind the drums and there was a large duffel bag wadded up on the floor. I began to pick up the duffel bag and realized that there were a ton of wings under the bag. When I picked up the bag a lizard jumped out of the bag and that startled me and I dropped the bag. I recomposed myself and picked up the bag again and took it outside to shake it out. It was a good 150- 200 feet to the outside door. Once I got the bag outside I set it on the sidewalk and braced myself to shake it out. I was still a little shook up from the lizard flying out of the bag earlier. So I started shaking out the bag and a scorpion came out of the bag and so I immediately dropped the bag and the bag trapped the scorpion. I was glad it was trapped because the last thing we needed was a scorpion roaming around the church grounds. So I called my missionary and he came over and took care of the scorpion. Yay for my missionary!!! Never a dull moment!!!!:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
WOW THATS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FREAKY
Post a Comment