I shared with the children at La Casa de Paz, the resurrection story. There were 13 children from the ages of 4-8. It was as if they had never heard the resurrection story. If you are at all familiar with the Resurrection Eggs, I had to change it a bit. The first and obvious change was that it is in Spanish. But I also found out that there is no correlation between eggs and the resurrection story. So, here in Costa Rica we have what is called Kinder Sorpresas. They are chocolate shaped eggs with a toy in the middle of them. So I correlated the story with the Kinder Sorpresa. I also gave each child a Kinder Sorpresa. The presentation went well. I was really nervous and thankful for the help of the Children's Pastor! The awesome thing is a child accepted Jesus into his heart. God is so good and He gets all the credit! I look forward to the many more opportunities to affect the lives of children.
The boy pictured above by himself, with the navy shirt is the one who asked Jesus into his heart!
2 comments:
It looks like you are defently in the area that God wants you to be in! I'm glad things are going really well for you!
Love ya,
Sarah
Kinder Sorpresa are the best!!!! They are one of my favorite treats back home :) I'm glado you had the chance to turn such simple little thing into something so great with those kids :) You did great!!!
Andrea
Post a Comment