Monday, April 09, 2007

Celebrating Easter in Costa Rica
For the last few months, whenever we have English service at Cincel I do children's church for the missionary kids. It has been so much fun! On Sunday, April 8th we had an Easter Service at Cincel and I read to the MK's Benjamin's Box which is a story that goes along with the Resurrection Eggs. The story is pretty long, but the kids were mesmerized. It was unbelievable. It is a great story, but when a story takes a good 15 minutes to read, you start to loose the children. But not this time. We also did the Resurrection Eggs and I taught them sign language to Lord I Lift Your Name On High. Then we had Easter Dinner together (all of the missionaries) and of course, who can leave out an Easter egg hunt. We had a great time! It was sad to not be with my family on Easter, but it was fun to be able to celebrate our traditions with good friends in another country! Easter has always been my favorite holiday. Over the years it has become VERY commercialized, so I like to teach children the true reason for Easter. The sacrifice and resurrection of Jesus is the foundation of our faith! Hallelujah!!! Jesus is Alive! Cristo no esta muerto, esta vivo!! This is our story, our hope as Christians! Below are just a few of the pictures that were captured on Easter Sunday! Enjoy!












No comments: