
Okay, I am going to try this again. I had written a blog and then I lost everything. I was so disappointed. On the weekend of the 19th myself along with 7 other people (Bob, Michele, Priscilla-8, Isabella-4, Kate, Christina and Karen) went to the Carribean side of Costa Rica. We left afterschool on Friday and was thinking it would be about a 4 hour trip. Well it turned into a 6 hour trip. 2 hours outside of our destination (Puerto Viejo) are the worst roads with terrible potholes. And to add the potholes it was dark and we did not have good head lights, so needless to say we hit quite a few. When we finally arrived at Puerto Viejo everyone was anxious to see the beach. Well, it was a great thought but it was now considerably dark, we have one flashlight and we absolutely do not know the area. But much to my agreement, we try to find the beach. So off we go down a "trail" with all of us in a line. We were like the Helen Keller school of the blind because the only person who had a flash light was in front of us. We kept hollering for her to shine the flashlight in our direction so we could see where we are going. During our walk to the beach Christina, who is holding the flashlight stops to admire some ants. A ton of ants I might add and they were carrying leafs, well it did not take us long to find out that these are not just any ant, these ants are the stinging/biting kind. Isabella who is 4 let out the first scream because she was getting attacked by these ants. At this point we are about 400 feet away from the beach with one flashlight and getting attacked by killer ants. We hurry as quickly as we can to the beach and work to get the ants off of our sandals which by now are completely covered in ants! We admired the beach for a short time. The stars were absolutely amazing! But we also were concerned because we had to return to our cabins the same way (with the killer ants) that we came. So we prepare ourselves and go stomping back through as to not get any ants on us. We looked hilarious. I wish that I would have had a video tape of us. We looked like neanderthals stopping through the rain forest.
No comments:
Post a Comment