Saturday, September 16, 2006

This is me on my birthday. I spent my birthday (August 28th) grouting the tile in my new apartment. The clothes that I am wearing were my uniform for about a week. I basically hit the ground running when the new trimester started. I moved into my new apartment on Labor Day and the next day I started classes. I have had limited internet access the last two weeks so you might have noticed a decrease in communication, that is the reason.

My classes are going well and I have already been through 2 weeks of classes. I can’t believe that! We are well into rainy season here in Costa Rica. Every day it rains at 2:00 and we are talking torrential downpours. Sometimes it will clear out quickly and other days it will rain the whole afternoon. They say in October it rains all day, every day. I am not looking forward to that and I am just prepared to get wet when I go out!

My roommate made it to Costa Rica. Her name is Carmen and she is from Trujillo, Peru. She is 39 and she is here to learn English. She does well now speaking English. She is only here until December. She is a missionary to Israel. Get this…she is learning English so that she can go to language school in Israel and learn Hebrew. The language program in Israel is taught from a basis of English. That’s amazing to me! We are doing well as roommates it is just a new experience living cross culturally. It is good for both of us!

Please pray for my Grandma Peercy, she has not been feeling well and as of right now is in the hospital. I know that she would appreciate your prayers. Pray for strength for her body!

No comments: