Monday, May 08, 2006



Okay so here is another picture as promised. It is really hard to get pictures of myself because I have to ask other's to take them for me and I don't like my picture taken in the first place. So I am only doing this for all of you.

We did some more sight seeing today! A group of us went to Cartago, which is another city in Costa Rica. We saw a lot of pretty things! Gorgeous scenery-it was breathtaking! God is so majestic!

We went and saw the most important Catholic church in Costa Rica. It was very pretty! People go there mostly to seek healing and to pray. There is a springs there that many people bottle or bath in to be healed. It was kind of sad that these people rely on rituals like this. If only they knew the healing power of Jesus Christ. It was very culturally informative.

After that we drove to an old missions church. We were suppose to see inside and get a tour but it was closed. Today is a holiday. The country was voting in a new President. So since we couldn't go inside, we just had lunch in front of it.

After that we headed back to San Jose. The scenery is so great. I know that I am definetly not in West Lafayette anymore. I will be starting classes on Wednesday. Tuesday is orientation for the new students. I am looking foward to starting school!

1 comment:

Johnson Family ~ Familia Johnson said...

Hola Monica :)
How is that Spanish coming along?? Espero que bien :) I'm so happy to be able to read your page, it's a wonderful way to be in touch with you and we are sooo excited for you, keep the pictures & letters coming.
Our best wishes,
Aaron, Andrea & Ian Johnson