Monday, May 15, 2006

No picture this time. Sorry! I haven't taken any pictures in awhile. I will have some this weekend, because we will be going White Water Rafting and ziplining through the rainforest. I am pretty excited and also nervous. There are many dangerous things that could happen, but I am excited about the adventure.

I started class last Wednesday and it is going well. It seems like I have been here longer than what I have. This is not a bad thing though. It is pretty inexpensive to eat out here, so I have been doing that quite often. I have done some cooking. I made spaghetti Saturday night. And let me tell you...the ground beef is just not the same here. I don't think that there are grain-fed cattle in Costa Rica. It is a good thing I am a chicken person. You can get a lot of that here. I am enjoying all of the fresh produce. It is all very delicious and inexpensive.

I am still looking for a church. I have been to two already. The first one was small but had a great Spirit about it. The second one was by no means my favorite. It is very close to the school and was VERY large. Both have been A/G churches. I am looking for a church that I can be involved in Children's ministries.

Last night I was able to work with the Missionary Kids who are here with their families. We had an English Service/Game night. The service was first. So the kids get together after worship and we do a bible lesson/activity with them. It was fun.

I will post another blog after my trip on Saturday. I will have a lot to tell about and I will try to have some pictures.

No comments: