I am here I can't believe it. My flight went smooth, except for the fact that I was lugging around 200 pounds of luggage on my own. The customs people gave me no problems, but the offered no help either. I was responsible for getting my luggage up on their scanning maching and off all on my own.
I am trying to adjust right now. I have a single apartment right beside CINCEL. I don't know very many people right now and I don't know my surroundings enough to just go out and explore. I know that day will come though. I went grocery shopping in Costa Rica for the first time. It was a positive experience. It was a little difficult because they have a lot of american foods at the grocery but they are more expensive. I don't want to have to rely on all american foods, so I tried to pick up some local brands so that I could try them.
I have been out to eat a couple of times. The only thing I forget is that everything is in Spanish. I am trying to get myself in that mode. So far I have had local food and Subway. Subway is just not the same, but it wasn't bad.
Today I have my placement interview at CINCEL. I am looking foward to meeting more of the students and starting classes. Classes start May 10th. Until next time...
1 comment:
Way to go Mo! I can just see you hauling that heavy luggage up onto the custom's counter while the guys are just staring at you and offering no help. "I could use a little help here guys." Sorry, it just struck me funny. Good to hear from you and we're praying for you.
Post a Comment