Saturday, April 18, 2009

On Sunday, April 12th we left for District Council. It was my first Southern California District Council. It was held in Irvine, CA. The meetings started on Monday morning and went thru Wednesday evening. The council concluded with an ordination service. It was a great opportunity for me to meet some fellow ministers. On Tuesday we had a lunch at Chili's with Children's pastors and then in the evening we had a party for children's pastors. I got to meet a lot of other children's pastors. It was nice! For those of you who don't remember I am working on becoming licensed with the Assemblies of God. My Indiana credentials were transferred here to California so I am an official SoCal minister. It has been nice because I have found someone else in my church who is taking classes to become a minister also. So we support and encourage each other. She is taking classes I have already taken.

The weather here has been beautiful! It is finally warming up. I do realize that all along it has been warmer than Indiana ;) I started playing softball for the church league in our city. I enjoy it. We started 2 Monday's ago and we lost miserably :( We practicied only one time so we are still learning to play as a team.

I will be back in Indiana May 4th thru the 11th. Alisha is getting married May 9th. I am excited about seeing many of you when I come home. I am really excited about seeing my family too!!!!

No comments: