SPEED-THE-LIGHT
I spent the morning detailing Wayne and Delight's vehicle. It is a STL(Speed-the-Light) vehicle. Missionaries depend on the STL especially through the provision of transportation. STL 'provides the “essential transportation and creative communication” equipment for missionary evangelism. Through modern transportation, radio, television, the printed word, and equipment for mass evangelism, our missionaries can better fulfill the Great Commission.' (www.ag.org) Without transportation missionaries have a harder time spreading the Gospel. We would not have been able to travel to Venda over the weekend if it weren't for STL. In Indiana, STL is 3 years behind in providing vehicles for missionaries. For example, the picture above is Wayne and Delight's STL vehicle. It is a used vehicle. In 2005, they were approved for a new STL vehicle but it is 2008 and they are on the end of their term and have not received the new vehicle due to lack of funds in the STL division in our district. It is a blessing for them to have a used vehicle. This vehicle has been used by another missionary couple starting in 2003.
How important is your vehicle to you? I know that I appreciate being able to jump in my car and go where I want and I think we take this for granted many times. I want to challenge those who have STL in your church to financial support it. I know that at Bethel Christian Life Center the youth are working hard to raise funds for STL. If you attend this church please help them. It takes all of us working together and through our unity we are helping many missionaries across the world!!! If you do not have STL in your church please pray about a way of helping missionaries raise funds for transportation and other resources that help spread the Gospel.
No comments:
Post a Comment