No picture this time...sorry! I am doing good! I am getting settled in Mazatlan! So many things to learn and get used to. The thing so far that I am adjusting to is Mexico time. Nothing happens quickly! Usually things get put off and the day doesn't really get going until after 10:00 a.m. I think God is teaching me patience. A lesson that is ALWAYS needed for me!
I have now been in my apartment 2 nights and I did Children's Church for the first time last Sunday. It went well! I am grateful for the team that is already in place. I have 3 girls who help and they are awesome! I am looking forward to pouring into their lives and really training them. I only did the welcome and the songs last Sunday. This Sunday I will be doing the songs and the bible lesson. I am a little nervous about the bible lesson because I can't wing it yet in Spanish. But with God's help it will go wonderful. We will be celebrating Mother's Day on Sunday. So the children will be learning about how to show love to their moms and we will be doing a special project for the moms. The interesting bit of information about Mother's Day is that Mother's day is always May 10th in Mexico. Businesses close on this day and there is no school. It is pretty interesting!
I will be sure to post a picture or two next time. Feel free to leave a comment or email me! I would love to hear from you!!!
3 comments:
HELLO! I miss you Monica. We got your letter today, and I read your blog a lot...so keep it up! It's so awesome to see what God is doing in and through you...how great is He!
Monica,
We are so happy that things are going so well for you! We love to hear how God is using you! We miss you. I am getting ready to put up a video of Chris acting realllllly goofy. It should be up by tomorrow. It's really funny:) Talk to you soon!
Love,
Sarah
Monica..
Glad you have gotten into the next phase of your ministry! God is going to use you mightly as you yield to Him. You have so much that you can teach to others, and I just know they helpers that you teach will be blessed.
Keenan and I are continueing to pray for you as you minister and we look forward to hearing more.
Blessings!
DJ
Post a Comment