Monday, March 12, 2007


I have been getting on to everyone I know who has a blog about wanting it updated and realized that my own blog needs an update. So I am still in Costa Rica...and I am doing well. There are only 6 more weeks of classes. I had the opportunity to go to Panama March 1-4. Most of the school went so that our tourist visas would be current. It was a good trip. The weather was really warm. A lot warmer than San Jose. It was above 90 degrees everyday with about that much humidity. Needless to say, we spent most of our time at the pool. I have some nice coloring but the nice coloring was preceded by a sunburn. I had applied many layers of sunscreen but it just wasn't sufficient enough for the heat. I have been visiting various churches recently. I am doing my project on Children's Ministry in Costa Rica and so to fulfill my objectives I have to observe Children's programs in different churches. The interesting thing so far is that the majority of churches only have Sunday School. Very few churches have "children's church". It is interesting because the Sunday School is usually after worship. Some churches have Royal Rangers but for the most part the churches only have Sunday School once a week on Sunday's. I am learning a lot talking to Pastors and children's workers. It is great insight for me when I minister to children in Mexico!!!
My foot is doing very well! Thank you for your prayers in that area! Please pray for continued strength in the foot and bone!

I also want to thank each and every one of you for your continued support! I pray God's richest blessings on your life. I would not be here if it weren't for your prayers and financial support. Thank you, thank you, thank you...

1 comment:

Buckner Family said...

I am so glad you are enjoying your time there! You look sooooo beautiful in your picture! I can't wait to hear more!
Love,
Sarah