No this is not an optical illusion. It is actually a before and after picture. I wish I had some huge elaborate story to tell you about how I was ministering and for the sake of the Gospel I broke my foot. But that would be imbellishing. I actually received the injury on Sunday morning of the Royal Ranger campout. All went well at the campout up until this point. The men helped with fireworks and out doorsy stuff and the women helped prepare the meals and clean the mess hall for about 300 children.
So about my broken foot...it was Sunday morning and we had just taken a staff photo and a photo with all of the camp kids. I went to go climb on a wooden structure and the wood was wet and pretty rickety. I was about 5 feet from the ground and I had a spotter but I did not make it, I fell and my spotter was not able to catch me and so I hit my foot on the ground and felt something snap. That was not a good sign! My spotter was Sherry Mattix a missionary to Paraguay as well as a ER trauma nurse. As soon as she saw my foot and I told her I felt something snap she was certain I had broken my foot. We were two hours outside of San Jose and so Sherry, a missionary couple and myself headed to Clinica Biblica in San Jose. The hospital took me quickly, took some x-rays and the x-rays showed a fracture in one of my metatarsals. So they put a cast on and I will have it for the next few weeks.
I am a bit perplexed at the idea of getting around. I was not given crutches and I live in an apartment on a second story. Also, our school building is two stories and my everyday life involves walking. Especially because I do not have a vehicle. Please pray for God's help in my everyday life. I know that everything happens for a reason. And that there is a life lesson here and I want to learn it with a positive attitude. Thank you for your prayers!
1 comment:
Oh dear! I wonder why they didn't give you crutches. Did you ask? In some countries you get things like that at the pharmacy with a doctor's prescription.
Nothing like making life even MORE interesting! :-)
Post a Comment