Thursday, October 19, 2006



I had the opportunity last weekend to travel to Tortuguero Island. It was a beautiful place. The picture to the left captures what I did most of the weekend. I was glad to have a little break. I have been so consumed by homework and classes that I needed a break.

I went on this trip with two other families and Karen (a friend). We took a bus as far as we could until land ran out, then we took an hour and a half boat ride to the island. On the island was our hotel. The hotel had a pool, butterfly garden, access to the beach and of course plenty of hammocks! The island was on the Carribean side of Costa Rica and the hotel was in the rainforest. We had the opportunity to take a tour of the canals and see the wildlife. We saw toucans, howler monkeys, spider monkeys, a sloth, a rather large iguana, turtles and many types of birds. I spent most of my time just relaxing. I did some swimming, but mostly just caught up on some rest. It was a wonderful trip with some very awesome scenary!

Things are going well for me at Cincel. I am half way through this trimester. Classes will be done December 8th. I am still enjoying my time here, but have been very busy with studying and homework. Through it all God is gracious and remains the same. I am so thankful for His continued guidance and direction in my life.

No comments: