Monday, June 12, 2006



Hello everyone! I know you are all thinking..."Yeah another blog entry!" This blog stuff is a little harder to stay on top of then I thought it would be. First of all, I want to wish my nephew, Michael, a very Happy Birthday from Costa Rica. He is two years old today. He is growing up so fast!

The little girl I am holding in this picture is Marta. Her parents are Peter and Delia Breit. They are missionaries to Mexico City. They live right behind me and have two other children. Marta is 10 months old, Gabriel is 3 almost 4 and Gracie is 5 soon to be 6. They have been great friends too me. I am at their house almost every day. I love their children and I am enjoying being their Auntie.

Well we had our language school retreat this past weekend. June 9-11th. It was good, but now I feel that I need a retreat from my retreat. Nathan and Beth Davis, directors of Caring Connection, came and did interpersonal relationship classes with us. Basically, Communication 101. All of the students of CINCEL went, as well as, all of the missionaries here in Costa Rica. It was a good time of relationship building and worshiping God. Nathan and Beth are great people. They were very encouraging and provided us with great listening and speaking skills.

Hopefully you received the pictures from this retreat. If you are reading this and did not receive the pictures, please email me and I will send them to you.

I am doing well physically and emotionally. Classes are going well and I am learning more and more Spanish every day. I have not settled on a church yet, but I know that God will make it clear to me which one I will be best fitted for. I would love to hear from you. Please feel free to email me at any time!

1 comment:

Laura E said...

Hey Monica,

Thanks for all the updates. This is my first time on here. Looks like you're having a great time and I wish I could be there too :-) Is Costa Rica anything like Honduras? That's all I have to compare it to. And props for trying to eat more local brands :-) Nina